Why I Chose BASI
I never thought I would be as passionate about a Pilates Training Program as I am about Pilates! When I decided to become a Pilates instructor I searched for the most well known program. I thought I had found the right one. It was very well known, main stream and professional. I never fell head over heels in love with the founder or even the Program, but didn’t think much of it as Pilates is what I wanted and that was what I was going to get!
When I started looking into BASI I researched the program, then I researched it a little more. Soon I found myself reading about the history, the studio, the creator and past graduates. The more I learned, the more I fell in love!
Here are the top reasons why:
- I quickly connected many dots and found that many of my favorite Pilates instructors were BASI graduates
- I felt BASI was built upon the science of Pilates but also the art and passion
- Rael Isacowitz, the creator, has worked very closely with a wide variety of the Pilates Elders
- I have never seen anyone move the way Rael moves.
- When Rael teaches he has a way of getting inside of your mind and helping you to understand Pilates like you never have before
- BASI offers scholarships
- The BASI Block system is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I can’t imagine life without it!
- BASI trusts their students and wants them to succeed.
- BASI knows that we are all individuals and gives their students the tools to think for themselves and trusts them to do so.
- BASI is truly a family.
I have personally sent many Facebook messages and emails to BASI Faculty members and graduates asking them questions about Pilates, equipment, motherhood and education. I was received with open arms and many of them went above and beyond to help a girl like me whom they had never met!
I love BASI and know I made the right decision for me and where I plan to go with my education. I wear my BASI gear proudly and just as much as I love the question, “What is Pilates.” I love the question “What is BASI?!” If you are on the search to find the right training program for you may I highly suggest looking into BASI!