Friday, October 31, 2014


Why I Chose BASI



I never thought I would be as passionate about a Pilates Training Program as I am about Pilates! When I decided to become a Pilates instructor I searched for the most well known program. I thought I had found the right one. It was very well known, main stream and professional. I never fell head over heels in love with the founder or even the Program, but didn’t think much of it as Pilates is what I wanted and that was what I was going to get!
When I started looking into BASI I researched the program, then I researched it a little more. Soon I found myself reading about the history, the studio, the creator and past graduates. The more I learned, the more I fell in love! 

Here are the top reasons why:
  1. I quickly connected many dots and found that many of my favorite Pilates instructors were BASI graduates
  2. I felt BASI was built upon the science of Pilates but also the art and passion
  3. Rael Isacowitz, the creator, has worked very closely with a wide variety of the Pilates Elders
  4. I have never seen anyone move the way Rael moves. 
  5. When Rael teaches he has a way of getting inside of your mind and helping you to understand Pilates like you never have before
  6. BASI offers scholarships
  7. The BASI Block system is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I can’t imagine life without it!
  8. BASI trusts their students and wants them to succeed.
  9. BASI knows that we are all individuals and gives their students the tools to think for themselves and trusts them to do so.
  10. BASI is truly a family.

I have personally sent many Facebook messages and emails to BASI Faculty members and graduates asking them questions about Pilates, equipment, motherhood and education. I was received with open arms and many of them went above and beyond to help a girl like me whom they had never met! 
I love BASI and know I made the right decision for me and where I plan to go with my education. I wear my BASI gear proudly and just as much as I love the question, “What is Pilates.” I love the question “What is BASI?!” If you are on the search to find the right training program for you may I highly suggest looking into BASI!

No comments:

Post a Comment